MOCKTAILS • $8
available January 1 – January 31
treat your someone special to a night at Siena Tavern
specialty menu • champagne cart
Compliments of Executive Chef, Fabio Viviani
6 Idaho Russet Potatoes
1 cup All Purpose Flour, (plus a little more as needed)
1 cup Grana Padano Cheese, Grated, (plus a little as needed)
Pinch of ground Nutmeg
Salt & Pepper to taste
-Truffle Parmesan Sauce-
1 Shallot, (minced)
2 cloves garlic, (minced)
4 tablespoons oilve
1 quart heavy cream
1 cup Grana Padano cheese, (grated)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Truffle pate or sauce
Step-by-step to make the gnocchi:
1. Bake the potatoes in oven at 350 Degrees until fork tender. Once cool enough to handle, peel & discard skin. Pass potatoes through a potato mill & refrigerate for 2-3 hours .
2. Remove potatoes from refrigerator & place in a stand up mixer with paddle attachment along with flour, Grana Padano cheese & nutmeg. Mix all ingredients on low until well combined, being careful not to over mix.
3. Divide dough into 4 equal portions, cover with a damp towel & let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Roll each portion of dough to about ½ inch thickness (resembling a rope). Dust with flour as necessary. Cut into 1 inch pieces & slightly dust with flour. Set aside until ready to cook.
Step-by-step to make the truffle sauce:
1. In a large saucepan, sauté shallot & garlic, with olive oil until translucent.
2. Add cream & bring to a boil, reduce by half, then whisk in the Grana Padano cheese. Adjust seasoning with the salt & pepper as needed.
3. Keep warm until ready to use with gnocchi.
Step-by-step to finish to dish:
1. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add enough salt to where you can taste it in the water & add gnocchi.
2. In another large sauté pan, heat up truffle cream sauce.
3. Once gnocchi is floating in the boiling water take it out using a spider or a strainer, & add to the sauce.
4. Add the Truffle pate to the pan & incorporate thoroughly. Divide between 4 plates & garnish with crispy sage leaves, crispy pancetta & freshly grated Grana Padano & serve.
“Fresh pasta lasagna, created by Fabio Viviani of Siena Tavern.” – Good Day Chicago
“Siena Tavern is full of young professionals, people in town for business, and tourists who are driving across the United States visiting Top Chef restaurants.” – Infatuation
Join us every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 5PM to 8PM for our new “Happy Hour.” Every week, we’ll be choosing a different wine (only available by the bottle on our drink menu) and offering glass pours! Follow us on Instagram to see updates on our weekly choices!
“Siena Tavern is serving up holiday specials for Christmas Eve.” – Chicago Tribune